Those were the days
Monica said, “I am fifty years old now. I look back to when I was thirty; I was so young and beautiful. Guy used to be around me all the time. I used to go to clubs. I used to dance. I was a member of a hiking club. I belonged to a volleyball team. I miss those days. Every time I think about those days, I get so depressed. Why didn’t I enjoy them more? Why did I let them pass by? I wish I were back in those days”
I asked Monica, “What are you going to say about your life at fifty when you are an eighty years old nursing home resident?”
She thought for a long time.
She was very animated when she said, “I will say that when I was fifty I was working, I had lot of friends at my work. I had family members to whom I used to visit. My friends and I went for movies often. My husband was alive and loved me so much. We made love often. He could not get enough of me. He used to say that I was so pretty. I earned well and spent a lot on clothes. I was so pretty and young. I had my own car and used to visit my aunt. Those were the days”.
From then on, she stopped talking about her days when she was in her twenties and thirties and started enjoying her life.
No comments:
Post a Comment